Talk

Advanced search

New to formula feeding

(5 Posts)
1sttimemama1986 Thu 19-Jan-17 08:13:23

Hi, any advice much appreciated.

I have a 7 month old, our breastfeeding journey ended few days shy of 7 months couple weeks ago. This was a hard decision but the right choice for us.

Baby takes bottle and formula no issue. Tin of milk says 3 7oz bottles a day. He has a bottle between 1830-1900, 1430-1530 and the remaining bottle he's wanted during night anything between 1-4am. Ideally this bottle wouldn't be during night but when bf he fed 4-6 times at night so didn't want to stop this night feed straight away as hard transition for him.

Last night no bottle during night and not too unsettled. Now when ideally should he have this? Mid morning? I've always fed on demand so just after other people's feeding routines to help give me an idea.

Thanks,

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 19-Jan-17 18:45:30

Have yiu tried him with a bottle before bed 1st?

Wait4nothing Thu 19-Jan-17 20:29:20

I'd try morning - any time that's suitable until he finds his preferred time.

Our bottle fed dd is a bugger for routines and picks and chooses when she drinks her bottles

1sttimemama1986 Thu 19-Jan-17 20:43:19

Thanks both!

Jilted- he has a bottle at bedtime already everyday. This bottle he takes well. Today he didn't feed through night and offered bottle at about 1.5/2 hours after breakfast which he took fine. Next bottle though he took wasn't till 0430 this afternoon!!

Waited- thanks I will try and persevere with the bottles in daytime / evening hours and see if falls into a natural routine - and maybe go with an on demand style......

FartnissEverbeans Sat 28-Jan-17 09:08:37

My baby found his own routine. At the moment (4mo) he has two bottles in the morning (between 6:30 - 7.30 and another at about 11) then another mid afternoon, one at teatime and a top up before bed at about 10:30. I just wait til he's hungry to feed him. He eats 25 - 30oz per day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now