Talk

Advanced search

feeding every hour? tell me it wont last...

(10 Posts)
satinshoes Fri 23-Feb-07 19:19:01

DD is 11 weeks tomorrow. Up to yesterday she was starting to space her feeds out to about every 2 1/2 hours. All of a sudden today she's having a feed (20-35 mins) every hour.

Tell me this is an early growth spurt and it wont last???? Is there any other reason why she'd feed this much? She's had a cold but is better now. Generally feeds well. Feeds every 4 hours over night. it is during the day she crams it in...

satinshoes Fri 23-Feb-07 19:19:35

forgot to say she is breastfed so no idea 'how much she is having' but assume it is the right amount for her...

Othersideofthechannel Fri 23-Feb-07 19:31:05

It won't last. If I remember rightly, growth spurts are common around 6 weeks and 12 weeks. Hang on in there and count your blessings that she doesn't want it every hour at night as well!

funnypeculiar Fri 23-Feb-07 19:31:42

It won't last
{smile]

funnypeculiar Fri 23-Feb-07 19:31:54

even

shish Sun 25-Feb-07 17:41:45

It won't last. My ds is 8 months now and he had done exactly the same thing. It seems like a lifetime when you're going through it, but it will pass before you know it

hunkerdave Sun 25-Feb-07 17:42:29

It won't last.

You're doing VERY well.

Keep it up

yellowrose Sun 25-Feb-07 18:46:33

It won't last. Growth spurts are normal around 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months (i.e. 12 weeks ? ), 6 months, I seem to recall.

Kellymom.com is excellent on frequent feeding, have look when you have time

The fact she is recovering from a cold is also an important factor. She may still have a sore throat or something but as she can't tell you this, extra feeds are making her happy !

joolsandoliver Sun 25-Feb-07 21:55:39

God I wish mine would go 4 hours at night!!!

Agree it's probably just a growth spurt/catch up from having a cold and completely normal but can be hard at the time. Put your feet up and excuse yourself from all household duties whilst on such rigourous BF duties! Best wishes

yellowrose Sun 25-Feb-07 22:01:19

yeh jools I agree !

satin you are doing really well and you are a lucky mum ! mine woke up every blinking hour until he was around 9 months old

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now