Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Microwave sterilisers in m/w with wire racks? Help!

(3 Posts)
chiggins Wed 18-Jan-17 06:48:55

I just got a new kitchen installed and have a Siemens Oven which doubles up as a microwave.. it doesn't have a glass turntable only wire racks.
The medela sterilising bags I'm currently using specifically say I can't put them on the microwave wire rack. I have an old conventional microwave with a glass turntable in the utility room so not a problem for the minute.
I want to buy either a microwave steamer or electric steamer and not have to rely on my old microwave. Can't seem to see anything on either Phillips Avent or Tommi Tippee Instructions online to say they have to go on a glass turntable but I'm weary.. just wanted to know if anyone was using them on a wire rack in the microwave and can tell me if it's OK? If it's not I will buy and electric steamer!! Just looking at Phillips Avent or Tommi Tippee brands please.
Thanks!!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 20-Jan-17 16:18:55

Could you try an old icecream tub and some Milton liquid, old school style?

Starlight85 Sat 21-Jan-17 19:22:34

I had been using a mircowave steam steriliser but just got a cold water one and using Milton tablets. It's nice to know everything is sterile until you take them out and you can just use them straight away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now