Talk

Advanced search

Getting rid of the bottle

(6 Posts)
HannahGraceDunning23 Mon 16-Jan-17 10:56:16

How did you get your little one to start using a sippy cup, my 10 month old still drinks her water and juice from bottle and hates using a sippy cup. I've tried about 5 different types of cups but she won't use any of them.

welshweasel Mon 16-Jan-17 10:58:24

Just keep trying! We eventually had success with the munchkin cups. 10 months is still young!

Blazedandconfused Mon 23-Jan-17 15:51:52

My DS started sipping from our drinks at a very young age. Offer your water and juice from a normal cup- as that's the ultimate aim.

He mostly uses on of those little coloured bottles with a twist cap- sistema brand I think. He can't open it himself but can hold it and drink from it easily enough. He's 11 months now, it did help that his 3yo brother has one too.

Milk I can't help with as they both still use a bottle. The big one especially loves the bottle so much, I decided that when DS2 is old enough we'll get rid of them all on one go.

InTheKitchenAtParties Mon 23-Jan-17 15:59:54

My DD was the same at 10 months. She began to accept sippy cups at around 12 months, by 13 months all the bottles have been binned. Just keep trying, even though its frustrating at times!

InTheKitchenAtParties Mon 23-Jan-17 16:04:49

www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/trainer-sippee-cup

My DD gets on well with this one. We tried a fair few!

mummybee2015 Tue 24-Jan-17 10:29:06

Hi
I started introducing a normal cup. She started drinking slowly from a cup and she enjoyed copying us. I never gave my daughter a bottle because I knew it would be hard to get rid of it afterwards. Try to introduce a cup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now