Talk

Advanced search

omneo comfort??

(11 Posts)
nikki81 Thu 22-Feb-07 20:17:11

Hi. I need some help please. My 6 month old has had dirrohea for the past 3 weeks, doc says it's a virus and nothing he can do! She is having 2 breastfeeds a day and 2-3 formula feeds a day. I am feeding her Aptamil but she constantly poos. I am wondering if I should change to omneo comfort. I know this is thicker and am worried it wont come out fast enough, any advice please??

cjmummy Thu 22-Feb-07 20:43:17

My ds was on Omneo Comfort at my hv's suggestion as Aptamil totally disagreed with him. I did pretty much the same as you with a couple of bfs a day and a couple of formula feeds and he settled pretty quickly on Omneo Comfort. If you are worried about it not flowing as fast through the bottle teat then try a slightly faster flowing teat but I dont remember having any real problems. Just be prepared for some really grim nappies as it makes them horrible to begin with.

issyissyissy Thu 22-Feb-07 20:43:29

HI. I used omneo comfort for my ds who is now 3.5. he was on it til he was 2 as it semend to suit him. They recommend that you use the variable flow teats or fast slow as it is thicker than other milks. My ds never seemed to have a problem with getting it out fast enough for him.
If you have any concerns I wouldrecommend ringing cow and gate. I rang them a couple of times and found them to be ever so helpful and very understanding. Even to the point that I rang them once as I couldn't get any from my local shop and we were about to go on holiday, they sent me 2 boxes free that arrived the next morning!!
Hope that helps.

cjmummy Thu 22-Feb-07 21:02:10

issyissyissy .... did you just suddenly drop the omneo comfort and go on to regular cow's milk or did you do it gradually ... my ds has just turned 2 and still has it because he isnt great with dairy but I think it is probably time to try to wean him off it. Any advice?

nikki81 Thu 22-Feb-07 21:03:10

Just been reading elsewhere and it says Omneo can make them go to the loo more than normal. Don't really want this so not sure it's the right one for us.

issyissyissy Thu 22-Feb-07 21:09:35

I did it gradually. I seem to remember making up smaller bottles of formula and topping it up with cows milk as I was giving it to him, not leaving it in fridge ready made up.
He adapted really easily and never seemed to notice the difference.

issyissyissy Thu 22-Feb-07 21:11:13

Also I rang cow and gate and the lady there said that he could probably stay on it until he was 3. So maybe your dc would be happier to stay on it if having a problem with dairy.

cjmummy Thu 22-Feb-07 21:11:26

thanks .. i guess i will give it a try! he has soya milk on his cereal at nursery so perhaps i will start doing that with his bedtime milk.

mears Thu 22-Feb-07 21:13:31

If she has a virus it would be better to up the breastfeeds until it passes rather than switch milks. Breatsmilk contains antibodies that will help her fight it off. The more you feed, the more milk you make.

mish2 Thu 22-Feb-07 22:01:49

i switched from sma to aptamil and my dds poos like a breastfed baby - up his back and explosive - i was told that was good! Not good for my washer. Other peeps i know are on aptamil and say the same so think its normal.

MummyMellie Thu 22-Feb-07 23:01:47

Just so you don't go spare looking for it in the shops, its now just called C&G Comfort!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now