Message withdrawn

Muminfife Thu 22-Feb-07 19:14:40

Message withdrawn

corblimeymadam Thu 22-Feb-07 19:55:35

Message withdrawn

Muminfife Thu 22-Feb-07 19:59:11

Message withdrawn

JendleWendleBells Fri 23-Feb-07 01:27:05

Didn't really work with my son, as I was only nursing morning and evening anyway, and he always asked! He gave it up at 19 months.

yawningmonster Fri 23-Feb-07 07:14:09

Worked really well for us ds was 16 months was having regular morning and evening feeds and between 2 and 3 feeds in the day depending on naps, grizzliness etc. I had fallen into a real pattern of offering at certain key times like this and then at just before months he started to really clearly ask for a feed when he wanted one so decided to wait until he asked, he never asked again!

yellowrose Fri 23-Feb-07 07:41:34

belgian bun - i never used this method deliberately ds just kind of stopped asking for feeds in public ages ago and then dropped feeds gradually - he is now 2.8 yo and we still bf 3 times a day more often when he is sick or unhappy. HE is the one who always initiates everything - bossy cheeky monkey !

i have heard that LLL are particularly good with GENTLE weaning and have books on their website. perhaps get in touch with them and read some of their material ?

good luck

corblimeymadam Fri 23-Feb-07 09:33:34

Message withdrawn

yellowrose Fri 23-Feb-07 14:23:02

belgian bun - congrats. on impending marriage - now we wouldn't want her tugging at your wedding dress, would we ?

I guess I must be lucky, many toddlers do pull up tops, etc. Mine never has done this in public and when he has done it in private he has been given a firm "no" like when he started to bite. I guess it taught him that pulling up my shirt was inappropriate. I would quickly follow the "no" with "please ASK me darling, don't pull my clothes". It has worked !

Best of luck with LLL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now