Talk

Advanced search

my dd2 is making me a liar !

(12 Posts)
melsy Thu 22-Feb-07 12:54:00

and all due to me ranting and raving on here about not needing my hv to check her out and now the last 48hrs during the day dd2 is refusing milk feeds.

The last couple of weeks her feeds have been all over the place , from dowing every bottle, to only having big feeds early morning, bed time and dream feed, to then having hardly anything during the day (say 2 oz here and there). She normally only has 20-30oz anyway, sometimes 20, sometimes 25 sometimes nearly 30 and Ive not been that concerned at all.

Her temperament has gone from happy and active, to grizzly , pulling her ear and doing this mmmmmmmmmmm rasberry thing with her mouth & then back to happy again, all down to teething I reckon.

My MIL said I shud be spoon feeding her milky creamy things , (Im doing BLW and u should have seen the shock on her face when I gave dd2 a whole plum to chew on), I said thats not how Im doing it and I want her to drink milk more than eat non calorific things. I said shes teething and they always go off things for few days here and there, but she said but shell always be teething , which is true in a way. soooooooooooooo another person has sewn the seed of doubt in my mind as to wether Im not thinking of other ways to approach this???

I cant & wont force feed her , Im not keen on the petit filous business I did with dd1 for upping calcium etc (2.5oz of milk per pot btw, but ohhhhh the sugar eeeeeeeeeeeeeek), but I have been giving hunks of cheese. What else is can I do???

On the whole she doesnt seem ill to me at all. She possets a little and its a bit cottage cheesy , but nothing else really that points to any intolerance.

melsy Thu 22-Feb-07 13:47:46

dd2 is 27wks btw

melsy Thu 22-Feb-07 15:11:24

and I thought my title would attract some interest !!!! all in the art of sods law !!!!

MrsBadger Thu 22-Feb-07 15:16:36

no need for actual petit filous if you're not into them but plain yog / fromage frais on bits of fruit, Philadelphia on toast etc are all good finger food and will get some milky goodness into her...

melsy Thu 22-Feb-07 15:21:27

ahhhhhhhhhh good ole philly , forgot about that, great. Oh and lovely plum cut up and dipped in fromage frais. Seee I did need some more ideas thank you Mrs Badger , having a doh moment.

Why is it I always get a block on these things.

dd1 used to spit out fresh yogurt , even with my lovingly prepared strawberry moosh !!! I suppose it doesnt mean dd2 will.

MrsBadger Thu 22-Feb-07 15:27:22

oh, and how about serving milk in a cup with meals?

melsy Thu 22-Feb-07 15:51:00

ahhh see now theres some thing else I forgot to get, a doidy cup, well they had sold out of pink ones of course !!.

melsy Fri 23-Feb-07 13:10:54

She just doesn't want any milk today , nada,zilch offered over and over and she arches her back and moves away & gets reallt cross, shes only had 2oz so far and she has NO SIGNS of any illness, discomfort or intolerance.

Do I just offer more food now wth dairy ???

She did enjoy a tortilla pizza lastnight with mozeralla and chedder though!!!

nicoloola Fri 23-Feb-07 15:16:38

Hi Melsy,
Having 'similar' experiences, my dd (7 months) is bfing and doesn't seem to like many purees, so i was interested to see some ideas for blw, as I'd like to get more 'milk' into her alongside the bfing. I'm really interested to find out what kind of things you're giving dd2 (not sure I'm ready for whole plums though!!!!!!)

nicoloola Fri 23-Feb-07 15:20:09

Do doidy cups work - my dd won't take a bottle at all??
Teething does throw things out completely too doesn't it - my dd started quite well on the purees, and now won't touch them since getting two teeth in the last 3 weeks.
I feel the same way you do about petit filous etc and have a tub of plain fromage frais in the fridge as we speak (rejected I'm afraid).
I'm assuming you dd2 is just happier with blw than milk????

melsy Fri 23-Feb-07 15:42:02

thats it nicoloola , I think shes much more into feeding her self totally, she deosnr even want to be cuddled and held for long either, V independant.

so far Ive given her

fusilli with sauce made from cream , spinach , ricotta & cheddar cheese

boiled egg yolk on toast

milk soaked shreddies

and tortilla pizza , no tomatoes

nicoloola Fri 23-Feb-07 17:50:43

OOOh, some nice ideas. My dd is currently groaning and grumping at my dh as he tries to give her tea!! Not too interested it would seem - I'm having a bit of a break from trying to give her tea as I was getting a bit stressed!
I had read on one website that egg was okay, and on another that it should be left til a year - how was your dd's reaction?
How are the milk feeds going with dd2? Any change yet? I guess if they need it they'll take it.... that's what everyone tells me anyway. Is she taking it from a spouty cup - it sounds like she wants to do it herself (still too young?)?
These girlies...... no doubt they'll be giving us the run around for years to come!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now