Talk

Advanced search

4 week old only eating for 2 mins

(5 Posts)
Blue2014 Fri 06-Jan-17 15:23:29

DS has been fine with eating but for the last 40 hours or so will only eat for literally 1-2 mins before falling asleep but then waking within 5 mins (usually pattern is to eat for 25 mins and sleep for 1-2 hours)

What has happened and what can I do. I've tried keeping him awake while eating, it just won't work

(I extracted and gave him a little from a bottle last night, has this set it off? He only feeds off one boob due to inverted nipple and I didn't want to waste it. My eating boob is huge and filled with milk right now)

Blue2014 Fri 06-Jan-17 17:46:41

Bump ?

RedKites Fri 06-Jan-17 21:17:27

Mainly just bumping for you. Are you saying for the last couple of days, he hasn't slept for more than a few minutes at a time? How is he in himself, could he be coming down with something? Does he wake when you put him down, or does he wake up even if you keep him on you? It is common for feeds to get shorter as baby gets older, but from what you say about the sleeping, that doesn't seem to quite fit.

Blue2014 Sat 07-Jan-17 12:19:00

Thank you so much for replying. I think he may have been trying to increase my milk supply as he did a big feed at 1am then slept through til 5am and seems better this morning.

Thanks again smile

RedKites Sat 07-Jan-17 15:29:23

Brilliant, I'm glad it's resolved whatever it was, and hope you managed to get a chunk of sleep too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now