Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How many BF per day for 8mo?

(7 Posts)
fionnthedog Fri 06-Jan-17 14:43:27

Hullo. So DD is 8mo and eating three good meals a day which is excellent. We're also still BF on demand which is also amazing and I'm so grateful for. Thing is that she is not demanding very much in the day - usually she has only three good feeds in the day (morning, afternoon (3ish) and bedtime) plus usually one at night. I do offer in the morning lots but she's not interested.

I has weaned my DS by this point and he was having four bottles during the day at this point (I think, though maybe memory is failing me) so I feel that DD might not be getting enough. Also DS slept through at this point and I'm wondering if getting more milk in the day might help with this (though that might just be different kids and DS having ff by now).

I'm not worried about her weight or nappies so really just looking for reassurance that this seems normal, and I'm not allowing her to overfill on solids...

Thanks MNers xxx

Artandco Fri 06-Jan-17 14:44:36

At the age I did no feeds overnight, and 3-4 in the day

JohnLapsleyParlabane Fri 06-Jan-17 14:45:21

If she seems well overall then I really wouldn't worry. Just keep offering. Mine dropped day feeds massively when she started crawling but went up again the next time she caught a cold.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 06-Jan-17 14:48:04

It really doesn't matter. Whether you feed every 2 hours or just twice a day, your baby takes about 25 floz over 24 hours and don't forget that as she grows and changes, your BM will change so it will be perfectly suited to her.

If she's happy and you're happy, I'd just continue as you are smile

Blazedandconfused Fri 06-Jan-17 14:48:49

At that age, DS1 would comfort feed hourly round the clock. He was like a crack addict. He would be playing but sense I was behind him so have to come for a feed.

DS2 was on food and bottles in the day. BF every couple of hours from 7pm to 7am. 2 months later I no longer BF but instead have to get him bottles every 3 hours at night.

I don't make babies who sleep.

fionnthedog Sat 07-Jan-17 13:30:50

Thanks guys! Will just continue as we are grin xx

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 07-Jan-17 21:49:19

Sounds like a good plan smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now