Talk

Advanced search

ds just bit me....

(12 Posts)
shonaspurtle Wed 21-Feb-07 16:17:17

...and drew blood

He's done it 3 times so far (first - and hopefully last - time he's broken the skin) and I'm getting very nervous about feeding as he's quite stealthy but bites down hard.

Flamesparrow Wed 21-Feb-07 16:26:16

Argh Mine only did it once, and it took ages to heal

Big healing vibes for you!

3sEnough Wed 21-Feb-07 16:28:33

How old is your ds? Mine did it once and he was smartly taken off and warned sharply - he seemed to understand! He was 8m though and by 8 1/2 I'd had enough in any case - he used to try and turn around to grin at people with my nipple in his mouth....little sod!!

belgo Wed 21-Feb-07 16:31:59

ouch!

I'm bf my 17 month old, and fortunately she's not a biter. I have to admit, if she drew blood, it would make me think twice about continuing.

Hope it gets better soon!

shonaspurtle Wed 21-Feb-07 16:37:06

He's only 3 months. He's got one and a bit teeth through and is very grumpy with it. If he was older I would be considering not continuing with bf but things have been going well this last week and I really want to get to 6 months.

It really has been one bloody thing after another.

DeputyMacDawg Wed 21-Feb-07 16:41:35

Feeling for you.
Best thing I found was a sharp 'NO' and swift removal.
Lanisoh good for helping the healing, and bonjela is good for numbing (but not on broken skin).
You're doing well to still be bf. Can you express a botttle for a couple of feeds to give your sore nipp a chance to heal?

belgo Wed 21-Feb-07 16:45:28

He's just three months! I was very relieved that my dd didn't get teeth until 9 months.

shonaspurtle Wed 21-Feb-07 16:59:02

Yeah, it's a shame - there's no benefit to him (or me!) getting them coming in this early. Hopefully the next pair will stay put for longer.

He seems to bite near the end of a feed when he's getting sleepy so maybe I can pre-empt it. Will see how we get on later and possibly do an expressed feed if I feel too uptight about feeding him on the sore side.

prufrock Wed 21-Feb-07 17:00:58

This might sound strange, but when dd bit me I was advised by someone on here (mears I think) to actually squash them into your breast - it forces them to let go quickly and in my case was a very effective way of stoping the biting

shonaspurtle Wed 21-Feb-07 17:18:19

Will try this if I can - hard not to instinctively pull away but that was how the bite that broke the skin happened!

JillyBeansOnToastForDaveNW Wed 21-Feb-07 20:43:39

Can I join this thread? My DD who turned 6 mths on Monday has just started to bite me. She just had her first tooth through last week and bit me for the first time on Tuesday. I said 'No' sharply, and put her down. But she has done it again about 6 times. The side that she bit first time is sore when she is feeding.
I remember both of my boys doing this, but they learnt immediately not to repeat. SHe has just started grinning at me, despite the tone of voice and being put on the floor.

ANy suggestions??

DeputyMacDawg Wed 21-Feb-07 21:28:02

I remember about the pushing them in now.

Vaguely floating back from bf workshop.

Sorry I can't be more help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now