Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

She's self weaned :-(

(8 Posts)
chirpygirl Tue 20-Feb-07 20:08:03

Hi there, my just over 1 year old DD has now decided that BM is nasty. I am 2 months PG and had cut down to 2 feeds a day over the last few weeks and for the last 4 days she has screaed and fought when I have tried to latch her on, I don't even think there is any milk left, please tell me it's ok!
I am really hurt and upset even though I know it is silly!

(BTW I was a regular but have namechanged to protect id..)

TooTicky Tue 20-Feb-07 20:10:18

It is okay. Sometimes it happens like that. Don't beat yourself up over it.

TooTicky Tue 20-Feb-07 20:10:57

I do understand why you're upset though.

FrannyandZooey Tue 20-Feb-07 20:11:54

Oh

You know there are methods you can use to try to persevere if you feel this wasn't the right time for you to stop? Let me know if you want some links.

but all in all could it perhaps be a good thing? Were you feeling uncomfortable feeding her? There will be milk there but your supply will have changed and the taste may have altered too. I totally understand about feeling rejected and it will be an emotional time for you. It isn't silly at all!

piglit Tue 20-Feb-07 20:13:00

As someone who breastfed until 4 months pg I would say don't stress about it. Being pg and breastfeeding is exhausting (although my ds1 was only 3+ months old and still breastfeeding exclusively when I was pg with ds2).

chirpygirl Tue 20-Feb-07 20:15:35

Thanks! Its just nice to know I am not being silly, DH is understanding in his totally ineffectual way but he is just so overjoyed at getting to feed her at bedtime that I feel mean for complaining!

I wasn't feeling uncomfortable at all, would have happily kept going until she self weaned properly but I had to cut them down as PG nips do not a pleasant BFing experience make, and I think me wincing may have been a big part of her refusing...

chirpygirl Tue 20-Feb-07 20:16:42

I'm glad you said that piglit, I was sooo exhausted and was hoping that was why but as none of my mates BF at all its kinda hard to ask anyone!

FrannyandZooey Tue 20-Feb-07 20:29:22

Well if you feel on the whole you want to carry on then search for "nursing strike" on Kellymom

she may well be persuaded to start up again if you try the methods on there

otherwise just be glad that she has had over a year of bf and that it won't be long until you have another baby to feed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now