Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Back to work in a month and baby won't take a bottle

(4 Posts)
worrierandwine Sat 31-Dec-16 13:47:57

As the title says, exclusively BF DD2 who has been offered bottles (and dummies) on occasions but tends to just chew rather than suck.
I'm already worrying about expressing at work as I know there will be comments behind my back and rolled eyes from a certain colleague. This will annoy and upset me but not enough to prevent me continuing to BF. I return to work in just over a month and really want to continue BF until at least a year as I did with DD1.
She has 3 solid meals a day with snacks in between but still likes to breastfeed (obviously) at least 3 times during the day and all night.
I suppose my question is do you think I can wean her off milk during the day so I only have to express once at work during my lunch hour. I'm probably overthinking and worrying too much about it all. Does anyone have any advice?

SolemnlyFarts Sat 31-Dec-16 13:51:34

I went back to work with a one-year-old bottle refuser - she just drinks water and eats (a lot) while I work, and then I feed her when I get back. Worked fine from the start, I just started cutting out one day feed per week before going back. I think you'll be fine, especially if you're going to express - I hate it with a passion and DD still wouldn't have drunk the bloody milk anyway, so I just cut that bit out.

Frazzled2207 Sat 31-Dec-16 14:09:05

If she is eating 3 meals and can be persuaded to drink water she will be fine.
If you're starting back at work soon then is she starting in childcare before that?

worrierandwine Sat 31-Dec-16 20:38:01

She drinks water fine from her sippy cup and I can feed her in the morning before work then when I get home then bed time. She feeds at least twice during the night so will still be getting 5 feeds in per 24 hrs. I had been doing really well at cutting back on day feeds and getting her in a routine but all top front teeth have decided to make an appearance so she's been feeding more for comfort I think.
Yes she's going to my mum's for 2 days then the other day to another family member (we are lucky with our support) so it's only 3 days but when I've been with her 24/7 it sounds like a lot!
Pumping is a right pain in the arse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now