Talk

Advanced search

Biting baby

(4 Posts)
cakeybakeyboo Fri 30-Dec-16 17:46:18

My 7 month old keeps biting while nursing and it's f**king excruciating!
When it's been a surprise I've screamed out and he's started crying but when just a nip I've removed him and said 'no biting' and give him something else to chew on but he just wants to go back on the boob.

He's teething and what helps is a teething powder before a feed but there's only so many of those a day he can have.
Help please! I don't want to give up breast feeding but last night the searing pain in my nipple (wasn't feeding) actually woke me up.

He has two bottom teeth but more are coming and I fear one day he'll bite the whole thing off confused

MichaelBuble Fri 30-Dec-16 17:55:47

Fucking hurts doesn't it! I don't have a magic solution I'm afraid but it does pass.
I just stopped feeding when my DS bit and he seemed to get the message. He has most of his teeth now and still does it very occasionally when he's bored or doesn't want to feed anymore. My nipples are intact wink

passingthrough1 Fri 30-Dec-16 18:05:28

This has just happened to me but taking the baby off and saying no made him absolutely hysterical. Terrified to feed again but obviously will have to in a few hours ...

cakeybakeyboo Fri 30-Dec-16 18:16:48

Good to hear nipples are intact! I too have had giggling when I say no- kids mocking me. I was so proud when I taught him to sign for booby but now when he does it it I'm shaking in my boots!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now