Talk

Advanced search

10 month old refusing milk

(4 Posts)
Me624 Thu 29-Dec-16 18:49:45

My DS will be 10 months on Monday. He has been ff since he was about 2 weeks old and always drank plenty of milk. In the last fortnight he has really gone off it. He was down to 3 bottles a day anyway, on first waking, around 2/2.30pm and bedtime. For the last few weeks he has been refusing the bedtime bottle, at best I can get about 2oz down him but just now all he had was a couple of sips. He's very strong willed and will push the bottle away when he doesn't want it. He generally drinks all or almost all of the morning one which is 6oz, the 2pm one is variable and sometimes he'll drink it all (6-7oz), other times he'll only have about half. So on a good day he's getting about 14oz in total, on a bad day like today he's only had 10oz total.

He eats for England and I've been trying to compensate by giving him lots of milky food, he also drinks plenty of water so I'm not concerned about dehydration. I just don't like sending him to bed without a full tummy and worry about him refusing that bottle in particular. Also should I be giving him vitamin drops now if he's drinking so little formula?

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 30-Dec-16 13:54:08

I would give him vitamin drops yes, also makes sure he gets outside at least once a day so that he produces some vit d.

As for the milk, could you try him with a cup? The novelty might work. I'd also try cutting down on solids. Easier than said I know but maybe offer a cup of formula instead of a snack at least once a day and try not to offer puddings?

braceybracegirl Fri 30-Dec-16 13:59:33

Milky weetabix before bed?

Me624 Fri 30-Dec-16 16:34:57

Thanks some good ideas. I think I'll try giving it to him in his beaker tonight and see if that makes any difference. I'll pick up some vitamin drops next week too. We are almost always outside at least once a day so hopefully he's making his own vitamin D too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now