Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weight gain

(5 Posts)
mamof32b Thu 22-Dec-16 22:28:44

Sorry I'm going to throw a load of numbers at you now, just looking for a bit of advice and wondering if I should be worried...my baby had his 2 week check up today (we're in Ireland if that makes a difference) and the doctor is concerned he's not gaining properly. He was 4430g when born, 4130g when leaving the hospital, 4330g a week later and today (4 days later) was 4280g. He's ebf, good wet and dirty nappies and feeds 9-11 times a day for 20-30 at a time. Very long post, thanks for sticking with it!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 23-Dec-16 22:59:47

Was he weighed each time on the same scales and do you know if the scales have been calibrated? Different scales can make a huge difference.

I'd say that if you are getting plenty of wet and dirty nappies everything should be ok.

Congratulations on your new baby thanks

mamof32b Sat 24-Dec-16 21:47:38

Thank you ☺️
No different scales every time, I wasn't concerned but my doctor is and wants him back in a week to weigh again.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 25-Dec-16 00:02:55

Different scales could be the answer, they can vary. Even if the Dr is concerned, I'm sure that the advice at this stage is just to offer more feeds and your baby seems to be producing plenty of wet and dirty nappies as you say.

It might be worth talking to your local LLL Leader or at least the nearest one to you, just for some reassurance smile

mamof32b Wed 28-Dec-16 19:06:25

Thanks for the replies, baby weighed today and he's back to birth weight with a could of extra Oz, happy me 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now