Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding and silly teenage boys

(9 Posts)
Fakehungarian Sat 17-Dec-16 17:08:56

Just wanted to have a rant...

I had to feed my dd on the tube the other day and a big group of teenage school children got on at the same time. Some of the boys clocked what I was doing and started whistling and saying silly things. Then I realised that two of them had sneakily taken a photo of me and then showed it to their friends.

I felt really upset by it and a little boy violated. Why do we accept this kind of behavior from teenage boys? Why aren't we raising them to be more respectful of women? Grrr!

reallyanotherone Sat 17-Dec-16 17:11:42

Arseholes.

Was there no one else on the carriage? Did they not stick up for you?

Did they have school uniform on? I'd be ringing the school and ask them to have a word about breastfeeding and sexually harassing women on the tube.

LeadPipe Sat 17-Dec-16 17:12:12

I would have whipped out my phone and videoed the little twits. Did anyone on the train speak up?

Just because they act like twats doesn't mean they were raised that way. Don't underestimate mob mentality in groups of teens.

GinIsIn Sat 17-Dec-16 17:14:04

EURGGGGGHH. I have no idea. There were 3 boys of about 12-13 making horrific rape jokes on the tube I was on the other day. I did lose my temper and said to them "ah yes. rape is just hilarious, isn't it boys?" The cockiest one said "yeah it is actually". angry he wasn't quite so cocky once I asked him if it would still be hilarious if his mum or sister, or he had been brutally raped, and they did apologise, but what the hell lead them to believe that that is an ok attitude on the first place?!

WellErrr Sat 17-Dec-16 17:20:44

I would have called the police. Seriously.
Little shits.

Gowgirl Sat 17-Dec-16 17:26:41

Just remembered sitting in the car feeding ds 2 while dh picked up an Argos order, I looked up to see 2 boys of about 10 agog at the window grin, their mother then told me to cover myself up!!!! Ds in the back seat was in stitches and told her in that way only a six year old can pull off "its only a boob, chill out" I've never been more proud

Heirhelp Mon 19-Dec-16 11:59:21

Do you recognise the uniform? If yes contact their school.

Gorgeoussunset Mon 19-Dec-16 12:06:00

Makes me so livid. Would have been tempted to plant a knee strategically in their young bollocks and apologise sarcastically for my "accident" while they writhed in pain.

minipie Mon 19-Dec-16 15:44:15

Oh FGS.

I'd be tempted to reply with something like "Guess you don't get to see boobs much then if you're that interested in this one" but probably wouldn't have thought of it at the time...

Pathetic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now