Talk

Advanced search

Boiled and Pre Boiled

(3 Posts)
novicee Mon 28-Nov-16 21:59:26

Baby's not due for a couple months so this is all theoretical.

I understand that the reason for boiling the water is to sterilise the powder so you do need to mix the powder with hot boiled water, I also understand it's best to make the bottle up as you need them put I imagine you're making them up for a hungry baby who probably doesn't want to wait half an hour for the water to cool.

Can you mix the powder with hot boiled water (slightly cooled
But hot enough to sterilise the powder) and then mix in cold pre boiled water to help cool quicker, so adding two different lots of water totalling the same amount?

SpeakNoWords Mon 28-Nov-16 23:49:49

Yes, just make sure you measure the two lots of water without powder in either of them in order to get the correct total amount. You'd also need to have enough hot water to properly mix into the powder and get it all hot enough.

Sunshine1509 Sat 03-Dec-16 11:31:55

Yes we have done this for dd who's almost 1, she's never had any upset tummies etc from it,
we discovered this when dd was about 4 months old and it was a revelation for us as were staying in a hotel one time and didn't want to wake up the whole room while waiting for the bottle to cool.

When you put the formula into the hot water I would have a clean spoon/plastic fork to hand to give it a good stir as it doesn't always dissolve properly in a smaller amount of water

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now