Is month old baby getting enough milk?

(4 Posts)
Feedingnewbaby Sun 20-Nov-16 16:42:51

She is constantly fussing and rooting when shes put down or someone else holds her, but only feeds for a couple of minutes and sometimes only just a few sucks when I have her back, then settles and looks asleep but wakes up again when shes put down.
Does it sound like shes hungry and finding it too much effort to get enough or is she old enough to be clingy?

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 20-Nov-16 16:44:58

Might be a problem with her latch, or she just wants comfort. The real indicator is weight, is she gaining?

Feedingnewbaby Sun 20-Nov-16 17:27:26

Yeah she's gaining weight OK, and overall shes probably feeding a normal amount it's just that it's in very regular short feeds rather than longer ones every couple of hours like she used to.

StrawberryShortcake32 Sun 20-Nov-16 18:56:08

My 6 week old does the same. He uses me as a comfort and enjoys suckling. I've let him as it's really increased my supply but he will snooze 5 mins into a feed then wake shortly after for more. The initial few minutes of a feed the milk is very watery and quenches their thirst and gradually gets creamier and increases in calories which Satisfies their hunger. As long as bubba is gaining weight and you are getting enough wet and soiled nappies a day I wouldn't worry smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now