Talk

Advanced search

Constipation formula

(6 Posts)
Moonrocks6 Fri 04-Nov-16 12:12:15

5 week old dd has been on formula for about 2 weeks. She is really suffering with constipation.
We are currently using aptimil comfort (colic and constipation)
But I am wondering if it does not agree with her and am considering swapping formula. Can anyone please recommend a formula that may be better for a constipated little one?
Thanks.

Moonrocks6 Fri 04-Nov-16 16:52:04

Bump

Moonrocks6 Sat 05-Nov-16 09:45:35

Sorry. Bumping again

Sophiesausage Sun 06-Nov-16 10:15:42

Have you tried giving cooled boiled water between feeds too? I know they say babies don't need water but sometimes the sucking action encourages movement!

Moonrocks6 Sun 06-Nov-16 11:50:30

Hi, yes we have given boiled water but it doesn't seem to have much impact. The dr gave me some medicine called laculose for her as well but I would rather not use it all the time if a change in diet can solve the problem.

Sophiesausage Sun 06-Nov-16 18:48:38

I was the same, didn't want to use medicine to help reflux, we've found the comfort milk helps with that. Aptamil and cow and gate are same manufacturer so maybe try another brand? We had been using sma but gave baby terrible windy bum! The hipp organic is meant to be good x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now