Bottled formula

(4 Posts)
butterfly92 Tue 01-Nov-16 21:10:18

Hi all. My little man is constantly unsettled seems like stomach problems. I am worried about whether it is caused by the formula or my perfect prep machine but i doubt it as he has been like this when i was making formula from scratch. My health visitor recommended buying a big bottle of cow and gate formula, and see how he goes with that and if he is fine on it then it is a problem with the machine causing issues or the way im making it (i am making it correctly!) just wondering will he still gain weight okay if i do this formula for a whole day? Thanks x

westeringhome Wed 02-Nov-16 06:19:08

Hi butterfly, ready-made formula is the same nutritionally as powdered formula, so there would be no issues with weight gain, it simply gives parents a choice whether to use ready-made or make your own. It is more expensive than the powdered versions but more convenient, which is why people often use it for out and about or night feeds.

idontlikealdi Wed 02-Nov-16 09:05:42

Really DTs used to have worse wind with the stuff you mix at home, I guess because of the shaking to mix. They preferred the ready made and found it easier to drink as it seemed to be a bit thinner. No difference nutritionally at all.

butterfly92 Thu 03-Nov-16 08:55:05

Thanks ladies xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now