Talk

Advanced search

Hipp GoodNight milk

(7 Posts)
ThirdWheelSally Wed 26-Oct-16 13:20:46

Dd1 (6months) seems to need an IV drip of milk, I just can't fill her up which also means she doesn't sleep well- she's up every couple of hours or less for a good few ounces of milk. The last few nights we've given her good night milk before bed and she's slept much better until around 2 when she starts to wake every 1.5-2 hours for normal formula.
The tin says only give once a day, but is that so that you don't use it in total replacement for standard formula? I really think another bottle of it at 2 will help her settle again. She's been less grizzly during the day as she's slept better so I think another feed of it will really help. Just don't want to give it to her if there's a real reason not to.

NoIsAnAnswer Wed 26-Oct-16 13:58:11

What milk is she on at the moment?

NoIsAnAnswer Wed 26-Oct-16 13:58:35

What milk is she on at the moment?

MoMandaS Wed 26-Oct-16 14:02:39

You could make a bottle with half the goodnight and half the normal in before bed, then the same again at 2, maybe? Have you started weaning yet? Just be aware that at this age they sometimes start waking more frequently for developmental reasons (getting ready to crawl, for example) and giving milk each time will quickly become a habit that's hard to break ...

Heirhelp Wed 26-Oct-16 14:04:37

I am guessing it is the same as hungry baby milk. Hungry baby milk is not recommended. I would be recluctant to use it at all but you should definely not use it all the time.

ThirdWheelSally Wed 26-Oct-16 14:56:08

She has SMA gold.
Definitely won't be giving it to her all the time, just for the bedtime and 2am feeds.
She's been having porridge around teatime and fruit in the morning, I'm going to introduce more and more finger foods this week.
She's always been a terrible sleeper. Last week she took 10oz of normal formula, woke 4 hours later and took another 6. It's like she just can't get full.

NoIsAnAnswer Wed 26-Oct-16 17:21:26

Our. Idle baby was a milk machine.

He had hipp organic (can't remember which number though).

His sleep really improved when he started eating and moving around as he was completely knackered thlgrin.

If she's happy to have porridge now maybe offer it more frequently?

Our eldest did have the goodnight milk but when he was older-probably about 1. He had it at night instead of full fat but I didn't see much difference tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now