Talk

Advanced search

Combination Feeding

(2 Posts)
wonder14 Fri 23-Sep-16 19:28:28

Hey!

I'm looking for some advice.... Im 27 weeks pregnant at the mo and I'm trying to pick the right bottles to buy. I'm hoping to be able to both bottle and breast feed but I'm so confused about what are there right bottles to buy? Also the most comfortable breast pump?

Any help would be great! Having never breast fed before I have no idea what I am doing.

Thanks in advance xx

Unthoughtknown Fri 23-Sep-16 19:35:36

Hi I can only share my personal experience. I exclusively breast fed until six weeks and then combi fed until 5.5 months. I used dr Browns bottles and dd took the bottle first attempt. I hired a hospital grade pump from a local nct volunteer it was brilliant but a total waste of money as I found pumping very faffy and I didn't have any issue with giving formula. Only advice would be wait a couple of weeks to give a bottle to get your supply established and try to be consistent in when you bottle/breastfeed as your supply will adjust accordingly (I found giving a lunchtime and pre bed bottle worked best for me) good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now