13months cluster feeding 3-6am. Help.

(6 Posts)
Nottalotta Sat 27-Aug-16 12:24:57

Ds sleeps in his cot til his wake up around 3am. Then I take him into bed, feed back to sleep and was putting him back in his cot. Except now he's not stopping feeding for long enough to be properly asleep. I am exhausted, he's never slept through, and I'm pregnant again.

Any advice on what to do? He's bf only in bed (bedtime, night wake up, morning wake up) has cup of milk am and pm and eats very well.

Should I offer him warm milk? Water? Or nothing? I feel I should get up and try and get him back to sleep but I'm so knackered I end up laying there with him latching on every 10 minutes. And then end up more knackered.

Nottalotta Sun 28-Aug-16 20:27:55

Anyone?

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Sun 28-Aug-16 20:30:53

Dd1 was like this, I stopped bf and went cold turkey at 1r months as I couldn't take any more. ahead slept much much better and after 2 or 3 days of grumbling forgot all about it and took to cows milk fine.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Sun 28-Aug-16 20:31:13

14 months even!

Nottalotta Mon 29-Aug-16 19:26:09

Thanks. What did you do in the night? I have a tendency to just get him in bed, at least he's quiet even if I don't sleep. Maybe I need to just need to stop and hope he stops waking for it. I'm so knackered though it's hard to do anything thats mot the short term easy route!

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 30-Aug-16 06:07:10

I used to go in, say a set phrase I'd it's sleep time now, night night! them come out. repeat as necessary. didn't take long!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now