We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ten months - how many breast feeds?

(3 Posts)
mrswishywashy Mon 22-Aug-16 22:17:09

After an initial bumpy start to bfing my daughter I find it all good now. I'm due to go back to work in the next week in a position where I can take her but I won't be able to spend the time feeding that I do at home. It is a three day a week position.

At home she feeds up to an hour first thing, usually another feed mid morning and mid afternoon to get her to sleep and another feed before bed. She either then sleeps through or feeds on and off in the night.

Is there a chance my supply could diminish or she could stop wanting to BF because of the new time constraints?

MrsJoeyMaynard Mon 22-Aug-16 22:42:00

DS2 was a bit older when I went back to work part time - about 12 months, and he was in nursery away from me, so no opportunity to breastfeed during the day - but I didn't notice any diminishing supply, and DS2 certainly didn't stop wanting to breastfeed. He's only just self weaning off breastfeeding now at almost 3 years.

The biggest issue for us was the reverse cycling - DS2 would want to feed immediately for ages as soon as we got home in the evening, and started waking a lot more in the night for feeds too (he'd been sleeping through most nights before I went back to work).

mrswishywashy Thu 25-Aug-16 21:23:41

Thanks. It's so hard as I feel I can't spend the time feeding her at work as I do at home and yet I don't want it confusing for her if I can't feed her.

I did my first long day and finished at 7pm and by the time I got back my partner and her asleep in bed and I was so upset as it's the first time I've not been there to put her to bed. I was so glad when she woke up for a snack at 10pm.

She still sometimes wakes at night to feed so will trust her to build supply if needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now