Talk

Advanced search

powder formula vs pre-mixed

(8 Posts)
MummyAlltam Sun 21-Aug-16 09:15:08

Hi

My ds is almost 11 weeks and has 6 oz about every 3 hours. Iv been buying powder SMA but how does the pre-mixed cartons compare? is it cheaper? is is better for him?

Im at a loss...

thank you

iamtheurbanspacemanbaby Sun 21-Aug-16 09:17:12

Pre mixed are more expensive but more convenient. When I stopped bf I used a mixture of the two. Pre made when out and first thing in the morning to save time but powder the rest of the time.

BarbLives Sun 21-Aug-16 09:28:04

Pre-mixed is more expensive but safer (as it's sterile) and easier.

PotatoBread Sun 21-Aug-16 16:51:15

I use powder in the house and pre-mixed when out and about

Shootingstar2289 Sat 27-Aug-16 22:28:26

Pre mixed is much more expensive than using powder. BUT pre mixed formula is great when out and about. I used the cartons for days it etc. I could not afford to use it all the time as I had two hungry babies! Lol smile

TriJo Sat 27-Aug-16 23:45:39

We're combi feeding but it's majority boob - we don't go through a whole container of powder in the 4 weeks you can have it open for. Pre-mixed suits us because there's less waste and it's sterile, also DS is not accustomed to waiting because of how much boob he gets.

I chose our brand based on what had the handiest RTF containers... DS (5 months) is a bit of a horse and he'll drink pretty much anything. My ethics would give me a marginal preference for Hipp, but the cartons are awful to open when out and about. DS's taste preference is for SMA, with Aptamil closely behind, but since Aptamil comes in plastic bottles rather than shitty cartons we went with that!

Xmasbaby11 Sat 27-Aug-16 23:48:22

Pre mixed is a lot dearer however very easy out and about!

MummyAlltam Fri 02-Sep-16 22:23:38

Thanks mummies! We've been using solely powder but may experiment on useing pre mixed when out to see how much of a difference it makes x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now