Talk

Advanced search

DC2-did you monitor feeds?

(7 Posts)
WeedlesHatOfDissapointment Sat 13-Aug-16 09:51:05

With ds1, I monitored his feeding for the first 6 months. I had an app, and ibout how long he'd been on each breast etc. I was suffering from anxiety at the time as well, so not sure if I should have been doing this, or if it was the anxiety.
Ds2 arrived 3 days ago. Did you monitor feeding with your 2nd dc? I do feel more relaxed with ds, but not sure if I should be doing it. Thanks in advance.

adagio Sat 13-Aug-16 09:54:25

Nope
Monitored for maybe 1 day with the same app o used in dd1, then stopped bothering - it was liberating grin

Feed on demand obviously, but entirely skipped the monitoring, pumping, topping up with a bottle of expressed which she hated etc etc which I tried on dd1.

Now 6month old and I have enjoyed her infancy a lot more than dd1!

Enjoy the cuddles! flowers

Arfarfanarf Sat 13-Aug-16 09:58:00

nope.

fed him when he yelled at me.

he knew when he was hungry and when he was full, I just let him take charge of it. Followed orders. grin

tbh I did that with my first after a while. initial anxiety and panic because, well, some damn fool had let me leave the hospital with my baby when I clearly had no idea what I was doing. You get more checks if you want a cat! grin but it comes together in the end.

GiraffesAndButterflies Sat 13-Aug-16 10:00:19

Nope. But then I used it with DD out of desperation for better sleep, and DS is better anyway.

I did use a hair band on my wrist to keep track of which boob was next in the early engorged days, but that was it!

MotherOfGlob Sat 13-Aug-16 10:03:31

No. Was a bit obsessive with DS1 but with DS2 (now 9 weeks) just feed on demand and keep an eye on wet and dirty nappies.

WeedlesHatOfDissapointment Sat 13-Aug-16 10:05:16

Brilliant, thank you! Felt a bit like I should be doing it, but would rather not, so you've made an emotional woman for happy grin

tappitytaptap Sat 13-Aug-16 11:43:54

I only did it with my first for when the midwife asked. She then told me herself to stop! I know roughly when he has fed now (breastfeeding with one bottle of formula a day) only because I like to know approx when the next one will be. I think it can add to anxiety if you're prone to it (I am) and as long as they are having wet and dirty nappies and growing appropriately, seems unnecessary. One of the things I am not looking forward to about switching to formula feeding is knowing how much he's had!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now