Talk

Advanced search

baby getting angry on the boob!

(7 Posts)
LimesMum Sat 06-Aug-16 07:46:21

My 2.5 week DD has always breast fed no problem but now seems like she can't get on with it anymore

She seems to struggle to stay latched on, like its slipping out all the time and she's getting really angry on the boob, thrashes about, shakes her head and the whole experience is generally an unenjoyable struggle/battle

Anyone else had this? Can't understand how she's been so totally fine with it until now

KanyesVest Sat 06-Aug-16 08:00:16

I used to find with my dc that after a growth spurt, as my milk caught up, the last down was first harder work and then very fast so they found it frustrating then a surprise! Could you hand express to get the milk flowing, then latch the baby on?

DocMcFanjo Sat 06-Aug-16 11:37:10

My first used to do this when launching a growth spurt/cluster feeding frenzy, but also if windy or overtired.

Try winding, see if she'll be soothed in any other way (voice, rocking, change of scene, singing, distraction basically), then try latching again.

I'm not sure I ever found the exact right solution but the above sometimes helped!

LimesMum Sat 06-Aug-16 13:29:06

Thanks it could maybe be that so I'll give that a go!! Hope it passes as its really stressing me out!!!

Paintedhandprints Sat 06-Aug-16 13:36:36

Fast let down? Take her off when you feel a rushing/warm sensation (hard to describe) in your breasts and let it squirt into a muslin until it slows. (or save it). Or a bit of trapped wind?

yougottheshining Sat 06-Aug-16 13:43:31

When one of mine did this, thrush was the culprit. Check the inside of her mouth - if there are clusters of white spots that you can't dislodge with a gentle finger (ie that aren't milk) then it could be that. If it is, off to the doctors for treatment for both of you, lots of air on your breasts between feeds and change clothing (for you) as often as you can also between feeds and that will knock it on the head.

LimesMum Sat 06-Aug-16 15:16:38

Hmmmm don't think it's thrush

Interestingly... She's just fed ok but had gone ages without a feed so really wanted and needed it

Seems to be when she's more snacking or towards end of a feed that it happens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now