Talk

Advanced search

Aptamil pre mixed milk

(4 Posts)
Lozzie1989 Thu 04-Aug-16 14:09:36

Hi,

Has anyone else's little ones had a reaction to the pre mixed milk? I'm combination feeding and just wondered if anyone else has had this problem? He seems fine with the powder but just came out in a rash all over his body and I can only think it's from the premixed stuff? I took him to the hospital last night to get all checked over and the doctor suggested not giving him formula anymore and just breastfeed. Xx

Sharesinpampers Thu 11-Aug-16 19:26:28

Hi Lozzie

I only used pre-mixed Aptamil formula and not the powder but my DD didn't have a reaction to it, we had no problems. I guess the thing is that the majority of babies could be fine with it and then some may not be. I'm glad you had him checked out, hope he's feeling better.

Hope you're ok to continue with the powdered formula. If you're keen on using premixed formula maybe discuss your options with the GP or Health Visitor.

DappledThings Sun 21-Aug-16 20:16:31

My 6 month DS had first ever formula on Friday night and it was Aptamil pre-mixed. Same thing, had an all over rash on Saturday. No temp and seemed fine otherwise and it was gone by the evening. I did wonder if it was the bottle. Will mention it to HV tomorrow and let you know if you're still following!

TeaBelle Sun 21-Aug-16 20:18:00

The premixed has fish oil in it which dd was also sensitive to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now