Talk

Advanced search

Breast to bottle - 6 months

(13 Posts)
BlushRanunculus Mon 01-Aug-16 10:47:49

Please can any one advise...I'm looking to swap from breast to bottle at around 6 months, currently my DC is just a week off 5 months so I'm trying to see what bottles and teats might be best / as close to the nipple as possible?

BlushRanunculus Mon 01-Aug-16 13:01:25

Anyone?

plonkie Mon 01-Aug-16 13:24:21

My ds is 10 months old and breastfed, but has the occasional bottle when being looked after by relatives etc. He was never a massive fan of the bottle but he's great with it now. We use Mam anti colic bottles. We tried Medela calma at first because they're supposed to be designed for breastfed babies, but the teat is really weird and hard! The mam bottles seem to fill the mouth a bit better like a boob, and dont give him any wind :-). So I would recommend them!

BlushRanunculus Mon 01-Aug-16 14:40:24

Thanks Plonkie, much appreciated smile I will give MAM a try...I'd had a google and it came up with an old thread where MAM was also mentioned but it was from 2014 so thought I'd see what the current thinking is! Thanks again

ispymincepie Mon 01-Aug-16 15:17:00

I'm trying to do the opposite, get my lo back onto the breast after early nipple/teat confusion. The breastfeeding consultant I saw recently highly recommended minbie bottles/teats as being very breast like.

TriJo Mon 01-Aug-16 16:57:51

My son is 18 weeks, mostly breastfed but gets a bottle of EBM or formula regularly enough. He has no problem with the Avent Natural bottles and also cheapie bottles using the Nuk standard neck latex teats.

Poppytime Mon 01-Aug-16 16:59:35

I used nuk for both my breastfed DC at around 6 months - the no.1 latex (yellow) teats rather than the silicone ones - softer. Was a bit of a battle with my DD but DS took it with no problem. Good luck!

BlushRanunculus Mon 01-Aug-16 20:21:17

Thanks everyone, hopefully I can update with success in the next month or so smile

FirstTimeMummy25 Tue 02-Aug-16 08:43:18

I use munchkin latch bottles

DaftPunkIsPlayingAtMyHouse Tue 02-Aug-16 14:01:55

Nuk or MAM. Good luck.

Tumtitum Tue 09-Aug-16 21:31:03

We also use NUK

aaahhhBump Tue 09-Aug-16 21:35:56

2nd the mam bottle. Also they can have a cup from 6 months if your lo doesn't want a bottle. More options though.

AngharadTheSplendid Tue 09-Aug-16 21:57:36

I weaned DD from breast to bottle at 6 months. Did it gradually over a month swapping out one bf for a bottle each week. We used the Dr Browns natural flow bottles which are life changing. Tried lots of different shaped nipples (Nuk, Medela, munchkin etc) but never found they made much difference - but the dr Browns ones don't get air bubbles caught in them so baby can drink much more comfortably- would never use anything else now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now