Hipp organic formula and gaviscon

(8 Posts)
Flower20166 Wed 27-Jul-16 11:54:28

Baby has been on Hipp for 4 days now and it hasn't been the miracle cure I was hoping for.
I changed her from cow and Gate comfort milk as she was straining constantly even tho she was having 1 or 2 bowel movements a day.

On Hipp she is still straining and having bowel movements after most feed and they're quite loose/foamy..don't know if this is normal?
The milk itself is very watery so I've been using carobel (which I also used on the comfort milk) but then I wondered if that could possibly cause the straining??

She tried gaviscon 2 months ago and it didn't do much for her, but I've just tried it (1 sachet as she is 8lb10) in her last bottle instead of carobel to see if it helps, BUT it was so watery that it was running down her chin etc..she is on NUK medium teats (small is recommended for water and medium for formula, and large for thicker feeds), so not sure what to do?? She did take it but I felt like a lot came out than went in her!

So my question, can I use 2 sachets even tho she isn't quite 10lb yet? And does anyone else have this problem with the milk being so thin?

Thanks

peasofcake Wed 27-Jul-16 11:59:03

Has your baby got reflux? Is that why you are trying carobel and Gaviscon? My LO was on hipp milk and ranitidine for months. After I weaned him off ranitidine I put him on C&G anti reflux milk and it was really good at keeping the milk down.

Flower20166 Wed 27-Jul-16 12:07:05

Yes she has been on ranitidine for about 5 weeks now and I haven't noticed an imporovement. Don't know what else to do as the doctor is reluctant to give her anything else (we've tried Nutramigen which didn't work) x

peasofcake Wed 27-Jul-16 12:47:30

When we saw a paediatrician she didn't rate Gaviscon at all especially if causing issues. Unfortunately the only thing that was a miracle cure was time, 18 months now and he is fine. Your mummy and you know best so keep trying stuff. I have a cupboard full of failed bottles and cups, we got on well with Tommee tippee variflow teats and C&G anti reflux milk, only a £20 investment for a box and a bottle and teat to see if that helps so might be worth a go.

Flower20166 Wed 27-Jul-16 13:28:51

I have a Tommee tippee bottle.. I know I've got a size 1 teat, not sure on variflow but I might try size 1 to see if it slows it down a little.
I don't really want to change her milk again as I've changed it so many times lately sad

Flower20166 Wed 27-Jul-16 13:32:13

I've just checked and I have Tommee tippee teats with '1' on and some with 'X' on. Are the X ones the variflow? X

peasofcake Wed 27-Jul-16 13:34:40

Yes just checked variflow is with an X. Hope things improve soon, I would just stick with the ranitidine for now and see what happens with nappies and go from there.

Flower20166 Wed 27-Jul-16 13:56:08

Will do, thanks for your replies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now