Talk

Advanced search

Anyone suffered headaches breast feeding

(2 Posts)
BeauticianNotMagician81 Tue 19-Jul-16 16:15:05

I have an 11 day old son he's my fourth. I have formula fed all my other children. I wanted to crack breast feeding this time as he will be our last child.

I have had excruciating headaches for 9 days now. I'm taking ibuprofen every four hours & drinking pints & pints of water. I went to the GP who was stumped and just told me to get my eyes checked. She also said paracetamol would be better for baby than ibuprofen.Paracetamol doesn't touch my head though. I'm waiting to hear from her at close of surgery as she wants to speak with a breast feeding consultant at the hospital to check if it's breast feeding itself causing the headaches.

I'm doing really well at feeding my supply is good and he is latching on well. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. I'm considering moving to formula but worried I may stop and breast feeding isn't the problem

FellOutOfBed2wice Tue 19-Jul-16 16:19:02

I did when initially started/after the birth. I already knew I suffered from hormonal headaches though and blamed the crazy cocktail of hormones in my system. Doctor initially gave me sumatriptan to take 4 hours before next feed (so basically right after feeding) as I was getting auras. Eventually was put on a more long term preventative drug (pizofen? Something like that) which worked well. Am pregnant again now though and very headachey and can't take much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now