How long with no poo before I should be worried?

(10 Posts)
socktastic Tue 19-Jul-16 06:40:02

Just that really. the last dirty nappy change I did was about 3.30 yesterday afternoon and since then the nappies have just been wet. I still feel he's struggling wind/digesting wise. HV told me to feed him 120ml over just a half hour period but he can't cope with that. He's still too wee. He takes 60ml, has a snooze or a play, another 30mls and another later on if he wants it. He's 3.5 weeks.

dementedpixie Tue 19-Jul-16 07:37:12

It's not even been 24 hours since his last one so I wouldn't start worrying yet. I'd just feed as usual and monitor how he is

ComeLuckyApril Tue 19-Jul-16 17:09:19

Maybe could be a bit constipated with the heat if you're giving formula? Might be worth giving a tiny bit cooled boiled water? Are the nappies proper heavy wet?

socktastic Wed 20-Jul-16 08:26:17

Hi thanks for the replies. Yes the nappies were nice and heavy. Shortly after I posted we had a poonami incident which required a full bath! I think he's struggling to get his poo out though, even though they're still very fluid - he often cries or struggles before filling his nappies.

Grassgreendashhabi Wed 20-Jul-16 08:27:56

My doctor told us one week. Which seemed extreme but until then they wouldn't do anything

Grassgreendashhabi Wed 20-Jul-16 08:29:47

Sorry posted to early

Midwife and health visitor said sugar water. I was worried about sugar but it was such a small amoun

Tip of teaspoon in 3oz of water gave her this twice a day she pooped like a gooden next day.

The amount of sugar is very small

dementedpixie Wed 20-Jul-16 08:35:29

They can look as if they struggle to poo at that age but as long as it's soft it's fine.

artisanroast Thu 21-Jul-16 00:54:38

My little girl who was exclusively BF went 3 days then poonami! Try not to worry. Although I did until she went! Easier said than done!

socktastic Thu 21-Jul-16 16:03:41

A week?? Who goes a week without pooing??
Thankfully his bowels seem to b back to normal. I have been blessed with some beautiful nappies today. Cheers son!

Junosmum Sun 24-Jul-16 10:37:20

DS goes once every 3 days, has done since about 5 days old. Dr and hv both said it's normal and fine only need to worry if it's more than a week or the poop is small and hard like rabbit droppings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now