Talk

Advanced search

Toddler breastfeeding - cutting down question

(4 Posts)
JeanClaudeJaquettie Fri 15-Jul-16 10:34:45

DS is 21 months. Up til recently he's been still been breastfed at bed time and nap time and when he wakes up, I'm just cutting out the ones he has on waking up to go down to two a day.
The issue I have is I can only put him down to bed one way round! So I've always fed him on the left and then put him down, and was doing the waking feeds on the right to balance things out. I still feed him til he's very, very sleepy then put him down which is why it's an issue doing it with the other side, I just don't have the coordination for it without wriggling him around too much. So do I need to work on getting him to fall asleep on his own a bit better or can I keep sticking with the route of least resistance and feed him on one side only without ending up lopsided or, probably more importantly, getting mastitis or anything? grin

gubbinsy Fri 15-Jul-16 21:51:50

Mine stopped feeding on the right and so I just fed on left for about 9 months I think. Not lopsided although now I'm feeding DS2, the left seems to overproduce more than right - not sure if that's a hangover -
Only stopped feeding toddler 6 months before baby born!

JeanClaudeJaquettie Sat 16-Jul-16 08:37:31

Thanks gubbinsy, no immediate plans for a second baby so hopefully the overproduction thing won't be an issue, very glad to hear you're not lopsided grin and that feeding on just one side is doable!

cheeseandcrackers Thu 21-Jul-16 19:24:19

Could you just feed him on the right and put his head down at the other end of the cot? So alternating the direction he faces?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now