Fenugreek, low supply

(7 Posts)
SJMBABYLOVE01 Fri 08-Jul-16 23:33:11

Please can anyone advice, have you used fenugreek or anything else to increase milk supply. Also where is the best place to buy from, I've previously had from Holland barrette but it's expensive. Thank you x

ThinkAboutItTomorrow Fri 08-Jul-16 23:45:19

Worked for me. I was taking 4 a day of the Holland and Barrett ones. Only needed to buy 2 jars as once it established it wasn't needed. Also make sure you cluster feed and maybe pump a bit while you are at it. To get the off take going too.
Good luck.

BeenThereTooSEL Fri 08-Jul-16 23:53:13

Blessed thistle tea is good too

MissBattleaxe Fri 08-Jul-16 23:54:28

Fenugreek didn't work very well for me and I smelled really weird!

Outnumb3red Sat 09-Jul-16 00:08:49

I used Fenugreek and it did work, but I did also smell funny.

Eating certain foods apparently increase your milk, like oats. So have porridge for breakfast, flapjacks etc. But generally make sure you are eating and drinking well.

Best way to increase your supply is to feed baby as often as possible. Spend a day in bed, if you can, with lots of feeding and skin to skin. Pumping can also help to increase.

This website has loads of helpful information
kellymom.com/hot-topics/low-supply/

SJMBABYLOVE01 Sat 09-Jul-16 18:09:34

Thank you all for the help I will try your suggestions. has anyone used a cheaper supply than Holland and Barrett. Thank you

ThisIslandGirl Sat 09-Jul-16 18:11:59

I used it but don't think it really made that much of a difference. I got it from Amazon Prime, I think it was about £12 for maybe 180 tablets 610mg

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now