Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

breastfeeding Questions

(8 Posts)
flowerpower10 Sat 18-Jun-16 19:45:27

I want to Bf but I have to go on training days for work when baby is 6 wks so need to express and have baby able to feed from a bottle and as. I am having a c-section I would like to let my hubby to do a few night feeds in the 1st few days
Can you express from one breast and feed with the other at the same time ?
Any experience or advice welcome

ThatsNotEvenAWord Sat 18-Jun-16 19:49:23

It's a bit of a balancing act but I used to feed off one side and pump off the other, yes. Good luck with your baby smile

DorotheaHomeAlone Sat 18-Jun-16 19:49:50

You can express from one breast and express from the other. If you are deft enough it's the best way as you'll get let down in both Brady's from baby suckling. Don't count on baby taking the bottle though!

Feelingblue222 Sat 18-Jun-16 19:49:57

Yes, if you can juggle baby and pump! Recommend NUK teats for mix feeding, my bf baby happily took them from about 3 weeks

DropYourSword Sat 18-Jun-16 19:50:33

You absolutely can. But it's not really a long term solution. Good idea very short term so you can get some rest and your partner involved. Newborns are exhausting. Expressing on top of feeding is exhausting. Basically everything is exhausting!! You might not be able to express very much at the start so don't get disheartened by that.

Very best of luck with your new bundle to be

ZZZZ1111 Sat 18-Jun-16 20:21:31

Not sure how long your training days are, but if you don't feed your baby for a few hours you may find your breasts become full and uncomfortable. Could you take a hand pump with you so you can pump just in

ZZZZ1111 Sat 18-Jun-16 20:22:01

Posted too soon!

Just in case!*

ZZZZ1111 Sat 18-Jun-16 20:23:09

Sorry also to say - if you're having a c section the MWs should show you how to BF lying down so it's comfortable for you and your baby and you'll feel more rested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now