Talk

Advanced search

Combination fed baby suddenly refusing bottle

(3 Posts)
MYA2016 Mon 06-Jun-16 13:45:20

For the last 3 weeks my 19 week old son has been having a bedtime bottle of formula. This was mainly to give me a break as the 4 month sleep regression has hit very hard but also because I will be returning to work soon and am also going to a work event Friday night.
everything was going well and he was taking the aptimil from a tommee tippee closer to nature bottle. However last night we did the usual routine only this time the second he saw the bottle he threw a huge fit and wouldn't calm down for 20 min which is when I breastfed him and he instantly settled. I thought it was just a blip and he wanted comfort so today I tried him with a bottle this morning, 60 mins after a breastfeed and he did the exact same thing again. He Is otherwise very happy and healthy.
I feel like this is really tipping me over the edge.
Any experience / advice please?

user1464887935 Wed 08-Jun-16 23:14:20

Will he take an open cup? You could try one of the babycup ones, they're recommended for combination feeding and I've found them really good.

swg1 Thu 09-Jun-16 21:13:38

Try a different type od bottle? Maybe if it looks different you might get away with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now