Talk

Advanced search

cheapest vitamins for bf, can you take pregnacare or others?

(10 Posts)
yespeeps Wed 01-Jun-16 12:49:21

any recommendations? pregnacare packaging doesn't say it's suitable for bf

Woodenmouse Wed 01-Jun-16 12:56:18

Hv told me to take any pregnancy vitamins while bf. I'm using Lloyds pharmacy own brand once at the moment.

AnnaMarlowe Wed 01-Jun-16 12:58:22

I didn't take any and I fed twins. Eating a healthy balanced diet was enough for me.

Cakescakescakes Wed 01-Jun-16 13:00:51

Just eat as healthily as you can and take Vit D. Boots sell Vit D tablets for a couple of pounds.

Loraline Wed 01-Jun-16 13:05:00

Pregnacare do one specifically for bf if you want them

bigmamapeach Wed 01-Jun-16 15:23:05

Healthy start vitamins are free in many areas and bf women should be taking them from the birth on! Just google healthy start or drop into childrens centre. If you think you need more coverage than thr c, d, and folic acid in these, ask health visitor to recommend.

yespeeps Wed 01-Jun-16 22:32:51

thanks all
just realised that this is loads more complicated than I thought as I have to mixed feed and there are vitamins in formula and too much vit A is bad so not sure what the hell to do
have texted health visitor!

JoanFerguson Wed 01-Jun-16 22:51:48

Pregnancy vits don't have vitamin a in I don't think? I just take superdrug own brand

CutYourHairAndGetAJob Wed 01-Jun-16 23:08:17

I just take vitamin d

yespeeps Mon 06-Jun-16 16:28:47

joan - good point about the preg vits and vit A, as I think that's one of the ones they need, it's a, c and d I think

health visitor has said to take Healthy Start vitamins so i'll see
thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now