Talk

Advanced search

How long can I claim the extra calories for breastfeeding?

(7 Posts)
Cloudybutwarm Fri 20-May-16 18:57:35

Still feeding my 20 month old 2-3 times a day.... When do you have to accept you should just be eating like a normal person again?!

deuscat Fri 20-May-16 21:16:46

Never!! I'm still BF my 17 mo and I allow myself 300 extra calories a day (I'm trying to lose weight through calorie counting).

Seriously though I'm sure you still need a few extra calories for BF a toddler.

weebairn Sat 21-May-16 08:14:58

I only ever lost weight by eating under a normal person's calorie allowance - sadly! I could never eat the extra calories some people can while bf.

Writerwannabe83 Sat 21-May-16 15:17:39

My DS is 24 months, BF 2-3 times a day and I still eat lots of food because I "need the calories" grin

stiffstink Sat 21-May-16 15:21:31

I'm doing Slimming World and I get extra dairy products due to BF. I'm meant to measure/weigh it but I just keep inhaling cheese "because I need the calcium!"

Junosmum Sun 22-May-16 17:44:36

I'm trying to lose weight. I was just eating what ever I wanted. I'm now 'eating sensibly' but not actively dieting (pudding/unhealthy snack daily) and the weight is coming off steadily.

LBOCS2 Sun 22-May-16 17:48:20

I don't know about the extra calories but I'm absolutely starving when I breastfeed. All the time. It's worse than being pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now