What have I done to my nipple? <worried face>

(6 Posts)
kinkytoes Sun 08-May-16 19:47:19

I pulled my little one off my nipple over half an hour ago, thought I'd broken the suction seal with my finger but turns out I hadn't and oh my God the pain sad it was a shooting pain right from the centre of the breast.

It's been throbbing ever since and I'm terrified of putting her back on that side. Has anyone else done this and did it cause any long term problems?

kinkytoes Sun 08-May-16 22:00:25

I braved it and it wasn't too bad. The pain has subsided now. Was quite worried for a while there!

YorkieDorkie Sun 08-May-16 22:05:50

Yep I've done this and I'm cringing at your post confused. They've got amazing suction!

Junosmum Sun 08-May-16 22:20:02

Awful isn't it! I've found feeding again can make it better. I'm amazed at how much DS can make my nipples stretch!

daisydalrymple Sun 08-May-16 22:23:18

I've bought dc3 (18mo) a variety of free flow beakers as he's not drinking enough water. He pours it everywhere. So I caved and bought a non recommended non spill one and oh my goodness I can barely get a drop of water out myself when I try, it's that hard. But dc3 can polish it off in a matter of minutes grin They're used to working for it!

I too feel your pain!

kinkytoes Sun 08-May-16 22:25:42

Ha! Mine is only three weeks old, haven't got to the nipple stretching stage yet (though I remember that from ds). Oh the joys of breastfeeding grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now