Talk

Advanced search

Going back to work so...

(5 Posts)
HopeFull28 Mon 18-Apr-16 17:13:42

Im going back to work next month, have been exclusively bf Ds who is now 22wks we've started giving him little bits of solids which he loves, anyway as im going back to work i have been thinking about starting him on formula for daytime feeds only.. will it work? Im dreaming thinking that id like to still breastfeed in the mornings and evenings but will it work or will my milk dry up? hmm sorry ftm and ive never been able to get much expressing so im worrying that he wont have enough milk while I'm at work.. any advice would be great grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 18-Apr-16 20:12:40

Your supply should be well established so feeding twice a day should be fine smile

HopeFull28 Mon 18-Apr-16 21:35:53

Fingers crossed grin thanks

pitterpatterrain Mon 18-Apr-16 21:40:37

I went back to work when DD was 6 months, she had formula in the day and BF in the morning, when I got home from work, bedtime and I have a feeling maybe 1 at night (all getting hazy now). It was fine!

Gradually dropped down think we finished BF around 11/12 months in the end

HopeFull28 Mon 18-Apr-16 22:39:13

Aw thanks for ur replies, sounds like it may work smile now to work out which formula to give him.. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now