Talk

Advanced search

Medela breastmilk collection shells

(5 Posts)
mayaknew Sat 16-Apr-16 19:14:06

Anyone used these ? I'm a bit confused.
Will they survive a steam steriliser?

It says on the instructions to clean them in hot water but obviously any milk drunk must be sterile but there is no mention of sterilisers on the instructions.

Also it says they are discreet and can be worn under clothes but only to use milk collected during breastfeeding? So can I or can I not use milk collected at other times ? confused

MooningIntoTheAbyss Sat 16-Apr-16 19:18:00

I bought these when I was pregnant with Dd.
Once I had opened them I found that they said the milk collected would not then be suitable for consumption (probably just them covering themselves legally but it put me off).
I had wanted them to collect leaking not milk to store for bottle feeds.

They are huge. You wouldn't wear it at other times and they really do collect drops. Not a downpour of milk.

I used mine a handful of times but I wasn't really a leaker once BF was established.
Didn't like them. Very uncomfortable and I often spilled what was collected whilst trying to remove them from my nursing bra!!
Breast pads are way better!!

mayaknew Sat 16-Apr-16 19:23:49

I bought them because I'm leaking through my pads I have quite a good supply . They were recommended by a friend who said her friend was using them and storing the milk but I just don't get it.

I've had them about 2 weeks but haven't used them yet because I'm too scared to put them in the steriliser blush

PickledLilly Sat 16-Apr-16 19:29:34

I used the and sterilised them and they were fine. I used to chuck what I'd collected in a bottle in the freezer and built up an easy stash of emergency feeds for
If I went out or anything without having to sit an express as I leaked quite a lot. I think they're brilliant and I just leaked straight through pads and these saved me from having to stuff a Muslin down my top every time I fed.

Junosmum Sat 16-Apr-16 22:24:42

I use them. They go in the sterilser periodically.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now