Talk

Advanced search

Breast pump

(4 Posts)
CommanderShepherd Thu 07-Apr-16 14:29:36

I am probably just being dumb but how do you work a manual breast pump? My milk has come in and I tried to use my breast pump but no milk came out? I can manually express no problem is this just a case of trial and error?

howabout Thu 07-Apr-16 14:36:11

Make sure everything is properly dry and tightly screwed together. Make sure the bit that goes over the breast is creating a suction vacuum with the nipple in the middle. Should get going after 2 or 3 clasps of the lever (I had the Avent one but I think they are all similar). I could use these but never got on very well with the electric ones.

murphyslaws Thu 07-Apr-16 14:40:43

Ok I've been here. In the end it took a good 10 to 15 mins of having pump on lower setting then increasing and things started happening.

Cakescakescakes Thu 07-Apr-16 14:42:43

Can be hard to express in the early days as your supply is still establishing so just keep persevering! And yes make sure it's all tightly assembled. I had a medals swing electric and there was a little white plastic membrane part that would get worn eventually and when it needed replacing t made a huge difference to the effectiveness of the pump.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now