Talk

Advanced search

Expressing and cup/bottle

(3 Posts)
EllieandAnna Tue 05-Apr-16 19:02:19

Hi, after a bit of advice as to how best to express and also what is best to use to feed ds.

Ds is 3.5months old and ebf. I am wanting to express occasionally as I have a couple of appointments coming up and dh/dm is looking after him or the odd evening where dh wants to feed him (he's feeling a bit left out!) Not sure how I know how much to express, should I do it after a feed and will it cause a problem with oversupply if I only occasionally express?

Also been told he may be too old to accept a bottle but not quite old enough to cup feed, what have people found best? I'm leaning towards bottle as I think dh/dm would find this easier but then a few people have recommended just doing cup feeding.

Any advice would be great thanks.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 07-Apr-16 16:15:04

Sorry, not got much experience of pumping. Have you tried one of the Bfing Helplines?

sepa Thu 07-Apr-16 21:38:32

Not got experience of pumping when DC has fed from me (as she didn't like the boob)
One of my MW suggested that DD didn't take to BF as we cup fed in hospital. Not sure if this would be the same for you as you are BF.

Do you have a pump? The medela pump comes with some special looking teat thing you can use (I didn't realise until I gave up expressing as DP unpacked the box grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now