please help me return to work!

(7 Posts)
Jemappelle Wed 30-Mar-16 15:42:08

Hi all

My 23 week old weighs 15 lbs so not very big and I am trying to bring him to a schedule of sorts whereby I BF morning and night and he takes formula over the day. He will be with a childminder

It's a mind fucking battle. He takes 1-1.5 oz at a time and eats every 1 hours. I still end up offering boob as then he has a bit more milk because, for a baby that does 7-7 at night how can an ounce an hour be enough?

And it isn't enough. No weight gain in a month. He is ridiculously busy and mobile and active and sits up already and rolls all the time and talks rubbish and guffaws.

I am spending all sodding say making up bloody bottles to chuck them down the drain and my breast are completely messed up I am going mad.

Please help. Please.

Jemappelle Wed 30-Mar-16 17:04:48

Bump

Jemappelle Wed 30-Mar-16 19:48:56

Jenijena Wed 30-Mar-16 19:52:33

You poor thing!

Are you giving him the formula or can you get someone else to give it to him?

On the breast front, I found once we had it sorted (went ft from six months, fed/expressed breakfast, evening, all through the fucking night), they settled down pretty quickly. But keep an eye out for signs of mastitis.

Is he on any solids yet? Not that they can add more calories than milk, but it can pace the need for feeds a bit...

Jemappelle Wed 30-Mar-16 20:06:48

He has shown zero interest in solids. He's very tall and nicely fills out his clothes so 15 lbs at 5 moths doesn't look as tiny as it may sound. He's very tall.

All these stories I read here about baby grabbed broccoli off dads plate ate a roast dinner at 24 weeks nothing appeals to him - have made toast banana kedgiree purée/not purée all available - over this last week - he has no interest in them.

The only thing he liked has been my cheese which I eat with carrot sticks etc

He can't live on cheese can he sad

Duckdeamon Wed 30-Mar-16 20:09:03

Poor you, returning to work and bf can be hard! My littlest one wouldn't take a bottle from me or anyone else if I was home but was fine with her CM as it turned out. Your CM might have some ideas too.

Jenijena Wed 30-Mar-16 21:47:59

He can't live on cheese but there are worse things smile

Echoing Duck - DS milk consumption (pattern, quantity, etc) was totally different when I wasn't around... Don't give up hope yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now