Talk

Advanced search

Expressing whilst out and about?

(5 Posts)
SweetElizaRose Sat 26-Mar-16 11:04:18

Dd is nearly 14 weeks and I'm exclusively expressing for her. I have a hired electric pump at home but I'm still constrained by 3-4 hourly time slots and have to fit my life around expressing.
I've got a manual pump - which I know won't be as good - but over Easter whilst ds is off school I wondered about pumping whilst out to give myself more time. It's not fair on ds that we can't go anywhere or do anything.
The question is where do you pump?! I could wear my breast feeding bra and a wrap and do it in the car? I have blacked out windows at the back. That's the only thing I can think of.
Has anyone else had to to similar? It's shit because if I could have breast fed like I wanted to I could have just fed anywhere but obviously taking a pump out isn't really the done thing. I would like to carry on now until she's six months but being confined to three or four hourly time slots may make this impossible and we will have to switch to formula which I don't want to do.

slebmum1 Sat 26-Mar-16 12:12:16

Can you use the feeding rooms in say John Lewis or mothercare if you're near them?

SweetElizaRose Sat 26-Mar-16 12:30:53

Yes but I was thinking more if I took ds out for the day. So like children's farms, national trust houses, museums etc

Junosmum Sat 26-Mar-16 23:07:19

Yes you can do it in the car- you are protected by law for expressing as well as feeding.

Sorebigtoes Sun 27-Mar-16 04:48:48

Can you go a bit longer between expressing sessions occasionally? At 3 months I managed 5 hours between sessions at times with a little dip in output that I recovered the next day. Would maybe give tou enough time for a trip?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now