Talk

Advanced search

Allergic to breastfeeding?

(5 Posts)
Cornberry Wed 16-Mar-16 22:34:52

I am at my wits' end. Since my little girl was about 2 months I have been suffering from a problem with swallowing which is making my life a nightmare. I've exhausted all possibilities of what it could be with major diet changes etc. Is it possible I'm allergic to the hormones from breastfeeding? She's now 6 and a half months and I don't want to stop BF but at this stage I'll do anything. I'm already 14 pounds below my pre pregnancy weight. I don't know what to do.

DPotter Wed 16-Mar-16 22:54:22

Any difficulty in swallowing should be discussed with your GP asap, especially if you have had the symptoms for 4.5 mths. Never heard of anyone being allergic to their own breast feeding hormones, however that doesn't mean to say its not possible. However the most likley cause is something wrong with your gullet or oesophagus - it need checking out by a medic. So book yourself an appointment with your GP and get the ball rolling

Loftyjen Wed 16-Mar-16 23:03:31

Do see a Dr about this Asaph; sounds very similar to a friend of mine who turned out to have a oesophageal web causing narrowing which was secondary to coeliac disease (which she didn't know she had).

Will eat my favourite shoes if this ends up being an allergy to breast feeding although I completely understand why you've made the connection

Cornberry Thu 17-Mar-16 01:08:55

Have seen doctors, had tests, nothing conclusive found. I've stopped wheat but it doesn't appear to have had an immediate effect. I hav heard that coeliac can be triggered by breastfeeding or pregnancy. I'm going mad with this. Just desperate for a solution. Thanks for replies.

squizita Thu 17-Mar-16 15:43:43

MN cliche but I had a thyroid growth pressing inside my neck- have you had a scan?

I also had mad hormones causing rashes... not BF, just postnatal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now