Advanced search

meal ideas for 10 month old

(11 Posts)
Murphyslaw21 Tue 15-Mar-16 07:42:35

I got breakfast sorted.

Cereal, porridge and fruit.

Lunch she usually has main meal I.e spag bol, chicken stew or pasta

Dinner is fruit, yoghurt

I'm thinking of swapping around lunch and dinner. But I'm struggling for lunch ideas???

Scrambled eggs, does she have the same for dinner that she had for lunch (I mean I would alternate) stew for lunch and spag for dinner.

Really struggling

littlepinkgiraffe Tue 15-Mar-16 07:44:33

I give my DD a. Dairylea sandwich at dinner. One slice of bread with dairylea folded in half and cut into squares. She is 10 months too.

SpeakNoWords Tue 15-Mar-16 07:54:00

For lunches, what about a "picnic" plate with things like cucumber, carrot, tomatoes, cheese, cold meats (sorry, I'm a vegetarian so not sure what exactly!), pitta bread, hummus etc? Also, any kind of sandwich. We did soup for lunch as well. Cheese on toast, quick pizzas on muffins, pasta salad etc.

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 15-Mar-16 07:58:41

My DD is 11mo, and I give her whatever we are having for dinner - spag Bol, lasagne, jacket spuds, roast dinner last night! And then at lunch time she usually has a little picnic of carrot puffs, dairylea cheese triangle, some fruit, sometimes she will eat a tuna sandwich or share mine, yoghurt. Sometimes she will have scrambled eggs, or omelette or cheese on toast. I just give her things that I would eat for lunch

Murphyslaw21 Tue 15-Mar-16 08:02:05

Mine seems to be a lazy eater. She will munch a few things that are harder like cheese or crackers but semi soft she just gags and end up being sick

If I give her banana chopped up she eat it but mash it and she gags and is sick

winchester1 Tue 15-Mar-16 08:02:46

We tend to have both a hot lunch and a hot dinner. So mash and meat bakks for dinner tonight will also be lunch tomorrow. I also keep little frozen boxes of left overs in case I need something quick for the kids for a meal where the family meal isn't suitable or will be too late.
Having things like soups, sauces, pancakes already in the freezer is helpful for us on busy nights.
Mine are 14 months and 2.5yrs.

Murphyslaw21 Tue 15-Mar-16 08:03:37

I'm giving her wheat a bix this morning it's all mushed but cause it's got texture and not lumps I think I'll end up wearing it

BendydickCuminsnatch Tue 15-Mar-16 08:08:11

If she likes less squashy things then toast, beans on toast or cheese on toast for example. Sometimes DS (9mo) will just have a snack lunch though - raisins, cucumber sticks, organix carrot puffs etc.
Boiled egg.
Pasta - penne or DS loves Spirali and we also use mini shells.
Fajita!!! smile

BendydickCuminsnatch Tue 15-Mar-16 08:08:53

Oh also quesadillas are good!

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 15-Mar-16 08:22:09

If she won't swallow weetabix (my DD won't either!), have you tried soaking Cheerios in milk until they are a bit soggy, but not mush, and then putting them on her tray?? My DD gobble them up for breakfast!

Murphyslaw21 Tue 15-Mar-16 08:24:58

Weatabix just came back up. So she had mixed fruit and porridge. Pulverised .

I don't get it. Hard fine. Mush fine , pasta fine I presume cause mixed with sauce it slips down.

Lumps equals chuck up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now