Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

am I over feeding 10 month old

(13 Posts)
Murphyslaw21 Sat 12-Mar-16 18:45:32

She has the following

7am 8oz bottle (drinks this between 7 and 9am)
8am porridge or yoghurt and breakfast
12 spaghetti Bol or stew plus half slice of meat and cheese triangle or cheese slice
2pm 8oz bottle (drinks this until 4)
5pm 8oz bottle (drinks until 7)
6pm fruit, fromage frais and cheese triangle

She never sick or refuses food.

Just worried it seems a lot

dementedpixie Sat 12-Mar-16 18:49:58

Why does it take 2 hours for each bottle? Sounds ok to me. A minimum of 20oz is recommended up to 1 year alongside food

Murphyslaw21 Sat 12-Mar-16 18:51:10

She never drinks more than two oz at a time. Never has. It's been the same since about 3 months

Mummyoftwo91 Sun 13-Mar-16 18:16:30

If she's eating her meals fine I wouldn't worry she obviously must need it! My daughter was the same she was having 4 9oz bottles untill she got to a year and then gradually dropped them at her own pace she's now 13 months and has 9oz in the morning and 9oz at night

Mummyoftwo91 Sun 13-Mar-16 18:17:53

Also maybe try replacing a bottle with a little sippy cup of water if u are worried about her fluid intake

Iguessyourestuckwithme Sun 13-Mar-16 18:22:11

She doesn't really have much for dinner.

Murphyslaw21 Sun 13-Mar-16 18:34:28

HV said dinner should not be what we have for dinner she should have fruit and cheese dinner time as easier to digest.

Main meal lunch time. So that's what I've been doing.

She said that when she is around a year give her dinner at dinner time and more lunch food st lunch time, if that makes sense

Murphyslaw21 Sun 13-Mar-16 18:34:57

Oh god am I doing it wrong. She is putting on weight and growing well

KP86 Sun 13-Mar-16 18:38:10

If she's happy and healthy then you are doing it right.

A hungry baby would be telling you and if you are feeding too much she wouldn't eat it. Assuming you aren't shoving it down her throat I'm sure it's perfect. Babies at that age are quite good (IME, anyway) of regulating their own appetites. That's why we are told not to worry if they suddenly don't eat 'normally' for a couple of days or seem famished just before a growth spurt.

dementedpixie Sun 13-Mar-16 18:41:57

Don't think it matters what way round you do the meals. Don't know why the HV told you to do it that way but if it works then that's ok. Might be easier for you all to eat dinner at dinner time though

Murphyslaw21 Sun 13-Mar-16 18:47:08

To be honest dem we don't it out dinner till around 8pm,

dementedpixie Sun 13-Mar-16 18:48:43

Do it whatever way works for you...there is no 'correct' way.

eurochick Sun 13-Mar-16 19:19:21

Dinner at lunchtime is fine but I'd be inclined to give more at dinner time. Maybe some scrambled egg or something to get more protein in before bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now