Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone breast fed whilst pregnant?

(5 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Sun 28-Feb-16 08:35:50

I found out I was pregnant last weekend and over the last few days I have found breast feeding my toddler (almost 2) really unpleasant whereas usually I love doing it.

Now it hurts, it feels different and I don't like it.

Is this normal and does it pass?

Sometimesithinkimbonkers Sun 28-Feb-16 08:53:19

It does strait to feel odd... Also my DS gave up soon after as o think it tasted different X

Sometimesithinkimbonkers Sun 28-Feb-16 08:53:38

*start

CityDweller Thu 03-Mar-16 21:55:22

I think I stopped feeding DC1 when I was about 15 weeks pregnant with DC2. I too started to find it unpleasant and as I was anyway away for about a week on a work trip I took that opportunity to stop bf (we were down to just a quick morning feed at that point).

TheEagle Fri 04-Mar-16 10:50:01

Congratulations!

I got pregnant when my DS1 was 10.5 mo.

I had terrible nursing aversion in the early weeks and it hurt a lot. The pain is hormonal so there's unfortunately not a lot you can do about it.

DS1 weaned with a gentle push when I was 12 weeks pregnant and had found out that we were expecting twins.

Lots of people feed all the way through pregnancy although there's generally a period of dry nursing through the 2nd trimester.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now