Talk

Advanced search

breast fed baby just started bringing up every feed.

(4 Posts)
Junosmum Mon 22-Feb-16 15:19:25

My 7 week old DS is exclusively breastfed. The last 24 hours he has brought up every feed. I don't know how you tell the difference between posseting and vomit. He crys after every feed until he's sick/ brought up lots of wind/ farted/ pooped and eventually falls asleep.

I don't know what to do. He appears to be in pain. Plenty of wet and dirty nappies.

Until this point we've had no issues.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 22-Feb-16 15:25:15

I think the difference between a posset and a vomit is the amount of milk they bring back, possets are small, and that a posset doesn't usually cause any discomfort to the baby. How much milk is he bringing up?

ANiceSliceOfCake Mon 22-Feb-16 15:31:19

I used to thing my baby was puking up 'entire feeds' till one day he projectiled everywhere, then I realised the difference. Try to imagine a full bottle of formula, then compare the quantities that come back up. I realised my baby wasn't puking 8onz of fluids.

Am I making sense?

frangipani13 Mon 22-Feb-16 15:34:23

Sounds like reflux - my baby developed this around 6 week. Make an appt with your gp as there are a number of things that can help depending on how severe it is. My LO also has a suspected cows milk protein allergy but her symptoms (bad gas, rash, back arching, screaming) went as she has a special formula (you could try cutting out dairy from your diet). Hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now